L. Garrabrant Farms, based in Northwest Licking County, is currently farming leased and owned land in Licking, Knox and Delaware Counties in Central Ohio. We are seeking and welcome the opportunity to grow our operations presence by leasing and/or purchasing farm land in these counties and the counties of Morrow, Franklin, Fairfield and Perry.
With a strong family heritage rooted in agriculture, we understand the importance of caring for and managing the farmland we operate in a manner that will preserve and maximize productivity and viability and provide maximum return to the landowner. We implement and practice our 6 core values on every farm we operate/manage, on both leased and owned land alike.
We recognize there is no “one-size-fits-all” approach to farming and that each farm has its own specific needs and challenges. We work closely with our landowners to custom tailor a plan to address the specific needs and
challenges of their farm(s) as well as fulfill their goals and wishes for their farm. We offer various leasing
arrangements, including but not limited to:
- Cash Lease
- Base Rent + Bonus Lease
- Flex Lease
- Crop Share Lease
- Custom Farming
STANDARD TENANT/OPERATOR DUTIES
- Soil sample the farm upon commencement of the lease.
- At minimum, maintain the current level of soil pH and fertility levels of phosphorus and potassium established by soil test results.
- Reasonably prepare and farm the land, plant and manage carefully the crops, and harvest the crops in a timely, efficient, steward-like manner.
- Do what is reasonably necessary to control soil erosion including, but not limited to, providing labor and normal farm equipment for the maintenance of existing watercourses, waterways, ditches, drainage areas, and tile drains as well as investigate broken and inoperative tile lines and report them to the landowner to determine severity and plan of action to repair them.
- Conduct all operations on the property in a manner consistent and compliant with all applicable local, state, and federal environmental codes, regulations, laws, and statutes related to the application of pesticides, livestock manure and commercial fertilizers, and the cultivation of crops. Follow label directions in the handling and applications of all chemicals and follow all applicator’s license requirements.
- Use reasonable efforts to control and prevent weeds, especially noxious weeds, from going to seed in the fields, along field edges, and in tree and fence lines dividing fields.
- Report pertinent crop production information to the county Farm Service Agency in a timely manner.
FARM IMPROVEMENTS & MAINTENANCE
We pride ourselves on our quality of work and attention to detail beyond the production of crops. We have several tools in our toolbox, enabling us to perform farm maintenance and complete farm improvement projects in house. Services we can offer include but aren’t limited to:
- Mowing of roadsides, waterways, right-of-ways and CRP acreage
- Tree line maintenance and removal
- Construction of buffer strips and sod waterways
- Repair and installation of drainage tile systems
We are very thankful for the faithful landowners whom we currently farm for that have entrusted us to care for their land. We look forward to the opportunity to continue to nurture those relationships as well as cultivate new relationships too! Contact us today to see how we can serve you and fulfill your farm’s needs!